The English Club on Twitter

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Addiction

We are spiritual beings having a human experience. Doing our ‘karma’ and attaining salvation is our ultimate goal.

But the path we tread is such-full of trickery and deceit-that one must choose wisely. The one who fails in doing so will meet the fate of “The captain who must go down with his ship.” Under the guiding light of the Lord Almighty, most will make it ashore safely, but those unfortunate beings cast in His shadow, will go astray-often advocating the Satan’s Bible-down the path of ‘No Return’.

For me, the devil has surely played his cards well when a person has fallen prey to Addiction.

It manifests itself in many ways. Drugs, alcohol and smoking are common; lust, love and gambling are the other forms; none less fatal than the other. Whatever it may be-it never creates; it only destroys.

Once in its clutches, a person seldom returns, even so never to be the same again. For the Soul, once hallowed can never be rejuvenated, but through Divine Intervention.

It has caused me heartaches in the past and today, yet again, here I stand uncertain and disillusioned, helpless before the Devil’s might, knowing well that I will lose my loved one to Addiction. ‘Take my life, but grant him redemption’- my prayer is my only hope.

That God is difficult to find and Satan even more difficult to lose- I know well. And life-my friend- is a small price to pay for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment